Are you suffering from recurring stomach upset, indigestion, bloating or vomiting? There’s a good reason you shouldn’t ignore it. You could be suffering from gastritis.
Although symptoms like stomach upset, bloating and indigestion are common in those who regularly resort to spicy, junk food and absolutely do not care about their eating habits, these symptoms can often imply a deeper problem like gastritis.
Gastritis is a form of inflammation that affects the mucosal lining of the stomach. It often starts as an irritation that can occur suddenly or gradually progress. It often starts as an irritation or that over time can lead to chronic inflammation.
Amla –pitta can be considered under , Gastric problems/ Hyperacidity / GERD /Heartburn/Acid peptic disorder . Gastritis is an inflammation , Irritation or erosions of lining of stomach caused due to abnormal secretions of gastric and pancreatic enzyme .
Symptoms, Precautions & Treatments
अविपाक क्लमोत्क्लेशतिक्ताम्लोद्गार गौरवैः। हृत्कण्ठदाहारुचिभिश्चाम्लपित्तं वदेद्द्भिषक्॥(मा नि ५१/२ , भा . चि २०/२)
अविपाक- Indigestion of food
उत्क्लेश- Regurgitation of food
हृत्कण्ठदाह- Burning sensation in heart and throat
The most common gastritis symptoms include
- Stomach pain– as the stomach is inflamed, pain is common. This can vary in severity. Indigestion may also occur which can give rise to heartburn
- Loss of appetite– you may find you feel full after only a very small amount of food
- Nausea or vomiting– you may feel nauseous or even experience vomiting in severe episodes
- Indigestion– indigestion literally means ‘improper digestion’ and can indicate the stomach is distressed
- Blood in vomit or in stools– if inflammation is causing the stomach to bleed this can appear in vomit or as the blood travels through the digestive system, stools can appear black and tarry.
- Dietetic indiscretion
- Habitual overeating of badly combined or improperly cooked foods
- Excessive intake of strong tea, coffee or alcoholic drinks
- Habitual use of large quantities of condiments and sauces
- Other causes include worry, anxiety, grief and prolonged tension
- Use of certain drugs, strong acids and caustic substances
- Infection caused by the bacteria known as Helicobacter pylori(H. pylori)
- Nutrition deficiencies (including being deficient in Vitamin B12, magnesium, calcium, zinc and selenium)
- Eating disorders like bulimia nervosa, which are characterized by vomiting or taking purgatives
- Pernicious anemia, which inhibits the correct absorption of Vitamin B12 and affects the stomach lining
- Other issues affecting the digestive system, like bile reflux, food allergies, autoimmune disorders or viral infections like HIV and herpes
- Bile reflux – when bile flows back into the stomach from the valve that connects the liver and the gall bladder
Viruddha Ahara : (Incompatible foods), Dusta Ahara ( Polluted Food ) , Atyamla Ahara(Sour substances), Vidahi Ahara (Spicy food), Pittala Ahara (Pitta prakopaka Ahara), Increased Pittaja Ahara and Vihara (Habits)- Improper sleep , lesser intake of food ,dry food , untimely food , repeated food intake.
- Prakriti analysis of the patient
- ABHYANTARA CHIKITSA (INTERNAL TREATMENT ):
Langana : Abstinence from food is called Langhana.
Snehana : Intake of medicated oils /ghee.
Svedana : Fomentation given prior Vamana procedure .
Vamana : is given after the snehana & svedana. Vamana is nothing but emesis . Vomiting is induced by giving medicines to rectify the doshas present in upper Gastro Intestinal tract .
Conservative line of management is followed , if patient is not fit for panchakarma , Patoladi Kwatha , Hingwastaka choorna , Eladi Kwatha etc using , can be prescribed .
यवगोधुममुद्गश्च पुराणा रक्तशालयः। जलनि तप्तशीतानि शर्करा मधु सक्तवः॥
कर्कोटकं कारवेलं रम्भापुष्पं च वास्तुकम्। वेताग्रं वृध्दकुष्माण्डं पटोलं दाडिमं तथा।
पानन्ननि समस्थानि कफपित्तहराणि च । आम्लपित्तामये नित्यं सेवितव्व्यानि मानवैः॥ (यो र)
yava: Barley, godhuma : Wheat, mudga : Green gram , purana raktashaali – Old rice which is stored from long time, Jalani taptasheetani –Warm water, Sharkara- Sugar, madhu –Honey, karkotakam – Balsam pear, karvella- Bitter Gourd, Rambhapushpa- Inflorescence of plantain, Vastukam – Cucumber, Vruddha Kushmanda –Matured cucumber, Patola- Matured Ashgourd, Daadima – Pomogrenate
The plants which reduces Kapha and pitta must be consumed
वमिवेगं तिलान्माषाकुलत्थांस्तिलक्षणम् । अविदुग्धं च धान्याम्लं लवणाम्लकटुनि च ॥
गुर्वन्नं दधि मध्यं च वर्जयेदम्लपित्तवान॥(यो र)
Tila : Seasame seed
Masha – Black gram
Kulattha – horse Gram
Avidugdha – Sheeps milk
Dhanyamla – Sour Gruel
Lavana- Amla , Katuka – Foods with salty sour & and pungent foods .
Gurvanna – Heavy Food
Dadhi – curd
Madhya – Alcohol
Want To Know More ?
Click To Discover More Treatment Approaches
Years of Collective Experience
What People Say ?
Blend of knowledge from Vedas and Modern Sciences. Dr. Vivek is one of the highly experienced and recommended doctor for the treatment of Kidney stones.
Dr. Vivek Ahuja medical team have give the good cancer treatment and all service for my relative now his condition improve and stable, so thanku so much Dr. Vivek Ahuja team and god bless your center.
Best place for Ayurvedic treatment. Dr. Vivek Ahuja has good expertise in Ayurveda and has resolved mine 10 years old thyroid problem.